Compare Long Island Heating Oil Prices
If you use traditional heating oil or even new bio-fuels, you might be concerned about rising fuel costs. Since the need for heating oil will be a fixed and necessary cost during the cold winter months on the island, it is not a bad idea to do some shopping. Even a small price difference per gallon can really add up in the course of a month or even several months. Is there a way to compare Long Island heating oil prices so you can find the least expensive source?
Heating Oil Contracts in NY
The price might not be the only thing you need to consider either. Some suppliers require a long-term contract. You might choose to enter into a contract like this, but it can be risky. There are some questions you will need answered before you make a large commitment.
– Does your heating oil contract lock you into a price?
– What happens if the price of fuel goes up or down during the term of your agreement?
– Will there be any surprise costs for deliveries?
– What happens if the weather is unusually warm or cold. Can you increase or decrease your scheduled deliveries depending upon your needs?
– What happens if you need to get out of your agreement for any reason?
Cash On Delivery For Heating Oil
If you are not comfortable entering into a long-term contract, you might also buy your fuel on Cash-On-Delivery terms. This is a more flexible option because you will not have to commit to a certain amount of heating oil every week or month. Right now, there is no way to know if January or February will be very cold or warmer than expected.
– If you can simply take delivery when you need oil, you can adjust the delivery schedule.
– You might not need a delivery as often if the weather is unusually warm. On the other hand, you might need more frequent deliveries if the weather is extra cold.
– It is difficult to predict your future needs when you are planning for cold weather ahead of time.
Of course, if you have no price contract, you could pay more if the price of your fuel goes up dramatically because of market conditions or an unusually cold winter. On the other hand, you may be able to take advantage of competition and oil price declines. If you purchase your oil with a COD arrangement, you are free to compare Long Island heating oil prices at any time. You can take delivery from one company this month, and you can use another company the next month.
Will Long Island Heating Oil Prices Affect Your Comfort This Winter?
It is a good idea to keep your eye on fuel prices. You can even check prices on the Internet to stay informed in a convenient way. The company that you deal with, and the manner your have your fuel delivered, can greatly affect the price you will pay. Give us a call today and we’ll get you the lowest price on heating oil on Long Island.